Saturday 13 October 2012

NOTD: Julep Maggie

I was going to say good morning, but it's not morning anymore, lol!  Guess that's what happens when you don't get up real early and get distracted with blog reading and Facebook cruising for a couple hours ;)

I hope everyone is having a good day and weekend so far :D

Today I have for you a polish that I sent to a girl in one of my polish groups who would give it more love than I would, it's too dark for my personal taste, but it is her favourite polish :D  I didn't ask anything in return as I figured it would have a better home with her than me ;)

This is Julep Maggie.  This is a dark plum purple that, to me, is almost black, with a lighter purple shimmer in it.  You could describe it as "vampy".




I took these pictures at night and under indoor lighting, that is why the pictures are a little darker, but honestly this polish is pretty well this dark even in the sunlight.  This is a hard to find polish from Julep and from what I understand it's not currently available on the Julep site (someone correct me if I am wrong).  For me this polish is definitely prettier in the bottle, and didn't look as dark when I saw it on the Julep website when I bought it.  It goes on really smooth and this is 2 coats with a top coat.  It is not gritty at all, even without a top coat.  Keep in mind that when you take a polish like this off, because of the fine glitter in it, it does take a little extra work :)

What is your favourite colour to wear on your nails?  Would this be too dark for you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.