Saturday 6 October 2012

Tip Top Nails I Love Nails

Good morning everyone!  I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far!  The preparations for Thanksgiving dinner have begun!  Mmmmmm!  Can't wait for dinnertime :D

Tip Top Nails South Africa has a "Challenge", I guess you could call it, every week.  Joan changes it up and has a different theme every week.  This week's theme is "Inspired by Breast Cancer Awareness".  This week, we had the option to either paint our nails a solid pink if you aren't comfortable with nail art, or you could paint the pink ribbon in your design.

I decided to do the ribbon and some water marbling (be prepared, water marbling is going to be a common thing around here!).  This is what I came up with.




I absolutely LOVE the way this came out!  It looks so girly and makes me SO happy to look at it :D

The colours I used are:
  • L'Oréal I Will! white base colour on all nails.  I need a new white, does anyone have one they recommend?  I have seen that Milani White is really good (can't think of the name of it right now) but I don't know where to access it in Canada.  I live about an hour from anywhere that has a chain beauty supply store.
  • Avon Cotton Candy, Viva Pink and Fuchsia for the marbling.  I was inspired for this design by this tutorial.
  • Then for the Breast Cancer ribbon, I used a small paintbrush and Cotton Candy, then a toothpick and Viva Pink to create the outline.

I hope everyone likes this design, I'm pretty proud of it :D

6 comments:

  1. I think this might be the best water marbling I have ever seen! Awesome job! Any tips?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the tutorial link in the blog post. This is what inspired this water marbling :) I just found her tutorials the other day and thought I would try it :) I will do a tips and tricks page and include my marbling tips and tricks in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Your water marble is perfect - I"m jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Nicole! I'm going to work on a tips and tricks page with all my learned tips and tricks :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.