Wednesday 7 November 2012

November Nail Art Challenge Day 3

Wow, we're at day 3 already!  Everyone has done such a good job so far, I can't wait to see what everyone has in store for the rest of the Challenge :D


Today's design is Inspired by a Tutorial.  There are SO many nail art tutorials out there on YouTube, Google, blogs, the ideas are endless!  I like to watch the videos that cutepolish puts up on YouTube, she has such interesting designs and they are SO easy when you see how they are actually done :)

I chose to go with her Walt Disney World nails she did recently.  I love Walt Disney World, I used to go there every other year as a kid while visiting my grandparents at their house in Florida.  I love all the classic Walt Disney fairytales and a lot of the newer ones too.  What's your favourite Disney movie (classic or recent)?






For this design, I used Julep Jessica for my base colour.  This is a perfect light blue for any nail art!  It's just so pretty :D  Then to create my castle I used Essie Mesmerize.  I didn't have a blue striper polish, so I used a striper brush to do this.  I wasn't able to fit as many layers in my castle as cutepolish did, but I'm still pretty proud of it ;D  Then for my glitter tips I used Julep Yumi.  After I got it finished and waiting for the glitter to dry a little before putting my top coat on, I thought "ah man, I should have used my blue Julep glitter pots!"  They would have been perfect for this, so if I do this again, I will definitely try to remember to do that :)

And a funny story about this, I showed both my sister and Tyler this when I was finished and they asked why I has the Michelin Man on my nail... *facepalm*  If it was the Michelin Man, he'd be white, not blue :P

So, what do you guys think?  Did I do cutepolish proud?


12 comments:

  1. Yay! Looks really good ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelli! I'm pretty darned proud of it! <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. And it definitely does NOT look like the Michelin Man. LMFAO

      Delete
    2. LMAO! Thanks <3 Some people just don't know what they're looking at, haha!

      Delete
  3. I LOVEEE, LOVEE, LOVEEE your disney nails :) I have been wanting to try it for a long time, and yours look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks Lauren! You should try it! It's so easy! :D

      Delete
    2. I pretty much have to I think lol. I need a striper, but have seen a bobby pin will work? What do you think? I might need to do this for my birthday instead of my matte mani haha

      Delete
    3. Yeah that would probably work :) Just have to make sure to not get too much polish on it or your will have a "glob" at the end of your lines :)

      Delete
  4. Amazing!!! I still would like to go there someday... I don't care that I am 26!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pssh! Age doesn't matter! You can go no matter how old you are! :D They actually have wedding packages there so you can get married at Disney World :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.