Tuesday 4 December 2012

Candy Cane Nails

Good morning lovelies!  Aren't you so excited that the Christmas season is upon us?!  I can't believe we have no snow, and it's 13°C today :(  It's supposed to drop off and we are to get flurries overnight, woohoo!!! :D

So I have another Christmas mani for you today -- Candy Cane Nails!  This is turning out to be lots of fun doing Christmas nails.... now if only I could get away with doing them year 'round... *rubs chin in pondering way*

This also corresponded with the SMYTC Holiday Nail Art Challenge, so I linked up with that too :D






YUM!!!  Hehehe!  These turned out great, and although they aren't as "perfect" as I pictured in my head, I still love them!  That's the fun thing about water marbling -- it's always a surprise how they turn out :D

For this I used a base colour of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On (2 coats).  Then using Essie Marshmallow, Julep Delaunay and Avon Electric Green, I did alternating colours in my marble -- white, red, white, green, white, red, etc.

So while I call these "candy cane nails" (that was what I was going for...) they remind me more of these round red, green and white peppermint hard candies.  If only I had used a darker green, they would have been a perfect match!  :)
Source
Update:  I was at Subway getting my lunch today and the girl behind the counter making my sub looks at my nails, looks up at me, grins and says "you nails look like candy canes!  They are so cool!!"  Proudest moment right there! <3

Are you going to try something like this?  If you do, please share it with me on my Facebook page!
What is your favourite Christmas candy?  Mine is definitely Ferrero Rocher chocolates, but you can get those year 'round ;)

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah :D I've been really good and haven't bit these or tried licking them off ;)

      Delete
  2. OMG! These are so totally cute! I really love water marbles, but mine never turn out this cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! If you do try these, please share them with me, I would LOVE to see them :D <3

      Delete
  3. These are adorable & I like the new christmas theme :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha! :) Do you think I could get away with leaving it like this all year round?? ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow!!! They really looked like candy canes. Love it! You did a great job here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emie! I'm pretty proud of them, even though they didn't turn out quite like I was picturing :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.