This time around we're going to do something a little different. I have seen "ABC" Nail Art Challenges floating around in the nail community for a while now and have always wanted to either participate or host one, but didn't know where to go or who to contact to join in on them. So I figured my next Challenge would be my very own ABC Challenge :D
So here's what we are going to do -
- Post one letter of the alphabet each week, for 26 weeks, in order. I will post reminders for the letter of the week on the Facebook page. We will be starting Sunday, March 31, 2013 and will run until... *counts 26 weeks* Sunday, September 22, 2013. The very last day of the Challenge will be Saturday, September 28, 2013. Wow, that's a LONG time! This year is going to fly by just like the last one!
- Anyone and everyone is welcome to join in! All you have to do is post a picture your mani on my Facebook page. I will re-share all pictures that are posted, so make sure to include your blog and/or Facebook page information with your picture.
- Use either a polish brand, polish name, or nail art style starting with the corresponding letter for the week. If you don't have any polish brand or name with that letter and you can't think of a nail art design/style that starts with that letter, use it as a "wild card day" where you can post anything. Please keep your number of "wild card" days to 5 or less. For me, I know I don't have any polishes starting with Q or X so I'm going to have to get creative :) Try to incorporate some form of nail art for each design.
- Post when you can. I realize that 26 weeks is a loooong time, so this time around, it's a "free-for-all" and you can post when you are able to. If you are able to post all 26 weeks, that's great, but if you can only jump in on 2 or 3, that's perfectly fine :D This will also free up some of my time so I don't have to keep up with who has posted and who hasn't (it's a LOT of work!) :)
- Please use current manis for the Challenge. Only polish is allowed - no acrylic paints. Small nail decals/stickers and 3D nail accents are allowed. Full nail decals like the Sally Hansen nail polish strips are not allowed. If you have any questions about any other type of "decals" just let me know.
- The most important thing for this Challenge is to HAVE FUN!! We are all here to showcase our work, not try to out-do anyone :D
Here are some examples (any of these, or any combination of these would be acceptable):
Polish Brand - Girly Bits
Polish Name - Gone Gonzo (OPI Muppet Collection)
Nail Art - Galaxy nails
Polish Brand - Wet N Wild
Polish Name - Water You Waiting For (China Glaze Cirque du Soleil Collection)
Nail Art - Water Marble
Make sense? If there are any questions, send me a message through my Facebook page or send me an e-mail (email@example.com).
I hope everyone will join in!! I can't wait to get started!! :D
Sounds awesome! I've always wanted to do an ABC nail art challenge! I always just thought of incorporating a polish name with the letter but the brand and extra nail art is an awesome addition as well! Good luck Erica and everyone involved. I'll try to jump in when I can :)ReplyDelete
I thought it would add something a little more than just "swatches" :D Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with :)Delete
YAY!! Can't wait to get started!!Delete
Hi Erica, I'm definitely in. Just recently starting doing contests. I've been a nail tech since 1998 and nails really are my passion, not just a job. I love a challenge and have been through some challenges, such as the one I mentioned with my ex-employer and the state board of cosmetology, but all is good now. I've been doing the nails of my family and friends to keep up my talent until I can finish my manicuring room. I am so excited to have it done and be TOTALLY legal. I wasn't aware I needed a salon license since I have my nail license but thats all water under the bridge. Im ready!!!!ReplyDelete
YAY! I'm glad you want to join in! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with :DDelete
So excited!! :D I've been very blah about doing my nails lately, and feeling very uninspired :(( Looking forward to this!! :DReplyDelete
Yay!! No being "blah"! But I know what you mean.. I look at my collection of 300+ polishes and think "but I don't want to wear any of *these* ones..." :)Delete
Yay! I have always wanted to participate in an ABC challenge, so I will definitely be joining in along the way! :)ReplyDelete
YAY!! Can't wait!! :DDelete
This sounds really cool, I think I will try it :)ReplyDelete
YAY! It's going to be lots of fun! :DDelete
This looks like a lot of fun! I shared it on my new blog (as a just joined the posting community). Feel free to check me out here http://nail-ineit.blogspot.com/ReplyDelete
I'm in. Is stamping okay?ReplyDelete
Of course! :DDelete
Sounds like fun! This might help on those occasions when I have a polish block and can't decide. Count me in. BTW: I am also doing a 7 days of purple to support Epilepsy Awareness for a fellow nail polish blogger's daughter. I thought I would going to have to post two different manicure, but looking through my stash and I found a purple "A" polish...Bingo! So count me in.ReplyDelete