Wednesday 13 March 2013

First Tape Mani

Happy Wednesday lovely readers!  It snowed again last night!  I'm not read for winter to be over, it feels like it just got here :(

Today I have for you a tape mani that I did over China Glaze Unpredictable that I showed you yesterday.  When I posted the picture of Unpredictable for COTW in my group, I asked for any nail art suggestions and it was suggested to add purple to it.  So I took that and this is what I came up with:





For this, I used regular clear scotch tape on my 100% dry nails on a diagonal, then painted the bottom side with one thick-ish coat of Zoya Monica, a deep plum purple creme polish.  I went with a creme because I didn't want anything to take away from the beauty of Unpredictable, and I thought a deeper purple would look best :)

I have always been a little scared of trying a tape mani because I am afraid of either ruining the colour underneath, or the line not coming clean when I take the tape off, but it turned out pretty great if I do say so myself.  I didn't add anything else to it, I wanted to keep it kind of simple.  That and it was getting late and I needed to get to bed :)  I will be doing more tape manis in the future, for sure!

What do you think of my colour combination?  Have you done a tape mani before?  Share some pictures with me on my Facebook page, I would love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.