Friday 19 July 2013

#mintmanisfortaliajoy #taliaslegacy

Good evening readers!  Today I have something a little different.  As most of you probably know by now, this week the beauty world lost a very beloved member.  Now, I'm not going to lie, I don't really know a lot about this as I have not been following it until now, but just reading what other people and bloggers have been posting this last week about Talia Joy Castellano have really shown me what strength and beauty really are.  At only 13 and being battling two forms of cancer (neuroblastoma and preleukemia), she was made an honorary Cover Girl while on the Ellen DeGeneres show, which you can watch here.

She's just the cutest thing, and SO gorgeous!!  It really breaks my heart that the world lost her, even though I haven't been following the story until now.

On Wednesday, the lovely Nicole from Nail Polish Wars (also the brain behind Elixir Lacquers) came up with a beautiful and easy way for the beauty and nail communities to remember Talia Joy.  The last mani photo that Talia Joy posted on her Instagram was of a mint mani, so Nicole asked everyone in the beauty and nail communities to band together to create mint manis in her memory, and I couldn't help but jump on the wagon.

This is what I came up with:


This is 2 coats of Revlon Top Speed Jaded with a glitter gradient using Nicole by OPI Inner Sparkle.  I was at a bit of a loss after I got Jaded on my nails, and finally decided on a glitter gradient with Inner Sparkle solely for the name and how it would represent the inner sparkle that Talia Joy had.

I am proud to be part of the nail community in times like these, and I know Talia Joy is beaming down on all of us!  I hope you will join in with us and do a mint mani for Talia Joy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.