Saturday 13 July 2013

Swatch-It-Up-Saturday July 13

Happy Saturday!  Today, and this past week, I have been spending a LOT of time trying to eliminate the snails in my flower beds.  At first, seeing snails was cool and cute, but now that I have discovered that what I thought was my lack of a green thumb is actually the snails and slugs mowing down on my flowers it's definitely not cute anymore :(  Over the past week I have probably collected about 150 snails, it's getting ridiculous!  Although, I think I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and have almost caught them all.  On a positive note, the snails' shells have definitely inspired me to so some s"nail" art ;)

It's Swatch-It-Saturday, and I have been collecting some swatches for you over the last few weeks, even though I haven't done a whole lot of polishing.


This is 2 coats of Julep Brandt.  This is my favourite black-ish polish!  It's not a true black, it's an off-black (like an off-white is to true white), but it passes as black and I use it for most of my black polish needs :)  The formula on this is super smooth, and it is an AWESOME stamping polish!  I have a back-up of this polish just because it's so great!

This is 2 coats of Julep Delaunay (I always spell the name of this polish wrong!).  This polish is a gorgeous ever-so-slightly-orange red that is a great "core" colour to have in your collection.  The formula on this one is great as well, it went on smoothly.  I use this colour in a lot of nail art as well!

This is 2 coats of Julep Jennifer.  This is a sheer light pink/nude polish, and was one of the polishes I received in my Classic With a Twist Intro Box when I first joined Julep in March 2012.  This is a perfect base colour for a French Tip mani, or if you want something really neutral.  I really love how this makes my nails look, and is one of my favourite nudes!  The formula is still perfect, even after almost a year and a half, and there is only about 1/2 a bottle left of it :)

This is 2 coats of Julep Susie.  This polish is SO pretty, it's a gorgeous very light mint green colour.  I really love the colour of it, and so glad I was able to swap for it!  With this being a pastel, the formula was a little tricky to apply smoothly, but nothing that was un-work-with-able, just took a little more patience than your "standard" formula.  I did get a little bubbling on my middle finger nail, so when I wear this again I will be doing 3 thinner coats just to make sure I don't get bubbling, and making sure to let the layers dry a little longer before applying the next layer :)

This is 2 coats of Zoya Blaze from the Ornate collection that was released for the 2012 holiday season.  This is the first time I have worn the colour and the first thing I thought was "why, WHY did I wait so long?!"  It's a GORGEOUS scattered holographic polish.  It's in the red family, but it's a slightly purple-ish-pink red rather than a true red.  I really love this and can see myself using this year-round rather than just during the holiday season.  The formula on this polish is great, it went on super smoothly with no issues :)

I hope you all have a fantastic rest of your weekend!  I will be back tomorrow with my "P" mani!

2 comments:

  1. I especially want that Zoya! Oh no about the snails, I laughed at your pun. I hope you've caught them all!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blaze is gorgeous - if you have a chance to get it, I say go for it! :D
      And yeah, my poor flowers, although I want to work on reno-ing the flowerbeds and a lot of what is in them is going to go anyways, but they are also eating my hanging baskets. So between the 5 inches of rain we got in one day last week, and the snails, they were looking pretty sad. They are doing better now with no snails though :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.