Friday 13 September 2013

X is for X-plosion

Happy Friday everyone!  I can't believe the change in temperature between today (barely 10°C) and this past Tuesday/Wednesday (30-35°C, felt more like 40°C)!  Fall is definitely in the air!

Today I have for you my X mani for the ABC Challenge!  It's the 3rd last week this week ... wow!  Time is going by way too fast!

X is for X-plosion


For this, I started with 2 coats of Julep Bunny.  I waited until it was completely dry, then using clear scotch tape, I created a jagged edge and painted on Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Twisted Pink on my ring and thumb nails.  I quickly removed the tape after painting each nail so that the lines remained crisp and clean.  I was too impatient to tape off for the inside of the explosion, so I used Jordana Pop Art Golden Artist (striper) and carefully mimicked the shape of pink part of the explosion.

I have to hand it to those who create awesome explosion nails.  This is a lot harder to do than I thought, I will have to try it again when I have some more patience.  I just wasn't feeling "artsy" today :(

Let's see what you did for "X" week!  Post your "X" mani on my Facebook page so I can share it :D

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the double-layer of explosion with the pink and gold.

    I didn't even think of the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes when I was trying to come up with an X. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was going to use Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Celeb City (silver), but I was too lazy/impatient to tape it off again, so I opted for a striper polish :)
      Other than the Xtream Wear polishes, I don't have any that start with "X" or are an "X" brand :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.