Saturday 5 October 2013

Swatch-It-Up-Saturday Oct 5

Afternoon everyone!  What a dreary weekend!  It's definitely fall, and most of the trees around here have lost 90% of their leaves.. does that mean winter will be extra early this year?  One can only hope, right?? ;)

It's Swatch-It-Up-Saturday, and I will call this one the "Avon Edition" because it's mostly Avon polishes.  I did a swatch-a-thon last week, and I worked on swatching all of my Avon polishes.  I hope to work through entire brands at a time, when I have a chance to sit down and swatch for a whole day.  Let's get started!


This is 3 coats of Avon Blue Shock.  This polish is a little waterier than the other Avon polishes I have, but the colour and the shimmer of this polish are so worth it!  The first coat was pretty streaky, but the second evened most of it out, and the third made it perfect.  If you are in need of a blue shimmer polish, this is one that I would highly recommend.

This is 2 coats of Avon Cotton Candy.  Now, this bottle of Cotton Candy is actually my second bottle of the colour from Avon because my youngest sister loved it so much that she used up the entire first bottle!  I ordered another one, just for her, only to find that the colour had changed.  This is a bit more purple toned than the original bottle of Cotton Candy I had, but still a great colour none-the-less.  The formula for this polish was the typical not-too-thin/not-too-thick consistency that I love Avon polishes for, and the colour is great for all occasions, including office wear.

This is 2 coats of Avon Electric Green.  I really like this polish because it's a very "primary" green - not too blue, not too yellow.  The formula on this one, again, was typical of all Avon polishes.  You can slightly see the visible nail line in the picture (middle nail) but it's not as noticeable in person.  If you don't like running the risk of the visible nail line showing, I would recommend either a third coat, or layering this over a quick coat white polish.
This is 2 coats of Avon Fuchsia (gah, how I hate that colour name - whoever came up with the spelling needs to be found...).  This is one of my favourite pink polishes in my collection.  It's a raspberry-ish bold pink that is fun, but I still think it's a classic polish colour.  Formula is great and easy to work with.

This is 2 coats of Avon Lagoon.  This is a great sky-blue polish with a ton of shimmer.  In the bottle, you can see purple shimmer running through the polish when the light hits it, but on the nail, it's hiding :(  I really think that this is a perfect blue colour though.  The formula is a touch thin on this one, but nothing that isn't unmanageable.

This is 2 coats of Ruby Slipper.  This is a GREAT polish!  I don't have anything else like it in my collection - it's a gorgeous cherry red polish with a warm silver glitter throughout.  This polish is perfect for the Christmas season!  The formula is easy to work with and applies great!

This is 2 coats of Avon Sumptuous Rose.  This is the other suede polish I have from Avon (the other is Blue Royale) and I love this one just as much!  This is a rich mauve-ish pink colour which is not dulled by the shimmer that creates the suede look.  I really love Avon's suede polishes, and I think I need to add the rest of the set to my collection :D  The formula is great to work with, it didn't seem to dry as quickly as other suede polishes I have tried (Julep and OPI), which is nice because you don't have to worry about rushing it too much.  I was curious to see what this polish would look like with a top coat, so the next picture shows Sumptuous, in the sun, with a coat of Seche Vite over top.  Look at that sparkle!  I promise it's so much better in person!

This is 2 coats of Avon Viva Pink.  Again, one of my favourite pink polishes.  It's so much fun and girly!  I would be inclined to describe this as Barbie pink, but it does have a touch of purple in it that a "classic" Barbie pink doesn't have.  I think this would also be a polish colour that is suitable for office wear because it's a classic polish colour.

This is 2 coats of China Glaze Ingrid.  I got this polish from the last round of the Travelling Polish Box and I am so glad I did!  It's an interesting slightly olive-toned brown polish with a gorgeous copper shimmer.  In my opinion, this is the shimmer that Julep Bunny should have, but I think that this shimmer colour gets lost in the white polish of Bunny.  The formula on this one is great!  It applied super smooth and I had no issues.

This is 2 coats of Julep Bess.  Oh Bess.. how I LOVE thee!!  This is BY FAR my favourite blue polish in my entire collection!!  It's bright, it's bold, it's super fun!  I am so glad I got this in a swap because I am going to cherish it forever!  The formula on this one was awesome, I couldn't have asked for better.  I know that some people have been noting some application issues with Bess, but I had none :)  I think this polish is definitely going at the top of my favourite Julep polishes list.

This is 2 coats of Julep Zoe.  This is a great burnt orange metallic shimmer polish, and is perfect for fall!  The formula on this is also great, I had no application issues.  This polish just glows!!

And there are all the swatches I managed to get done in the past week.  I'm not sure how many I will get done this coming week, but I will try for a few :)

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I have been eyeing a few more Avon polishes, but have been trying to hold off on buying more polish ;)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.