Saturday 30 November 2013

Swatch-It-Up-Saturday Nov 30

Evening!  I almost forgot to post this today!  Well, here we are on the last day of November, the Christmas season will start in full swing tomorrow, and I will be able to plug my Christmas lights in :D  YAY!  Tyler and I put the outside lights up a few weekends ago, taking advantage of a warm day, but I haven't been "allowed" to turn them on until December 1st.

It's Swatch-It-Up-Saturday and I have a LOT of catching up to do.  This is going to be a picture-heavy post, so let's get right to it.


This is 2 coats of butter LONDON Jack the Lad.  I love this green!  It's a perfect Christmas-y green polish, and it applied super smoothly.  And a bonus?  It removed just as easy as a creme even though it's full of microglitters!

This is 2 coats of China Glaze Blue Bells Ring.  I love the colour of this polish, however it wasn't the easiest to apply or take off.  The brush streaked the polish pretty bad, so there were some silver streaks through the polish even though you can't see it in the picture.  This is also a stainer - the skin around my nails look like I beat up a smurf!  It's not quite as bright as it's showing in the picture, but it does glow :D

This is 2 coats of China Glaze Get Carried Away.  I really love this polish!  It's black, silver and rose-gold hex glitters, microglitters, and black bar glitters in a black jelly base.  You could layer this over black, but I think it looks great on its own over bare nails too :)

This is 2 coats of Deborah Lippmann Raspberry Beret.  I just want to take a moment to say that I love the mini Deborah Lippmann polish bottles!  They are just so cute!  This polish is GOR-GEOUS!!!  I think this is one of my top favourite polishes in my collection!   This is a raspberry jelly polish jam-packed with flakie glitters.  It reminds me of raspberry jam on my nails :D  Om nom nom!

This is 2 coats of Elixir Lacquers With a K.  It's a perfect pink jelly polish loaded with holo micro and hex glitters.  The pictures shown on the listing for this polish are very deceiving.  This is a bright pink polish, it makes me think of "bedazzled Barbie" :D  I put this on in October for Breast Cancer Awareness.. and you can tell from that just how long I have been stashing pictures!

This is 3 coats of Girly Bits Glo Worm.  I got this for my youngest sister for Christmas last year, without knowing that she was more of a pink polish person.  So I told her that if she doesn't want it, I want to add it to my stash ;)  I'm glad I did, I love this!  It's highligher-bright green jelly polish with a gold shimmer throughout.  This is definitely unique in my stash, and can't wait to see what else I can come up with for this one.  You can find Girly Bits polish on the Girly Bits online store.

This is 2 coats (1 regular, 1 thick/dabbing) of Julep Erica, the mystery glitter polish from the Julep New Year's Eve Mystery Box last year, and my first time using it.. I know, I know!!  This is a stunning black, brown and silver full coverage glitter.  I love it, and not just because it's my (correctly spelled) namesake polish, it's gorgeous!  I wore this without a top coat because I figured it would gobble up the top coat like no tomorrow :) 

This is 2 coats of Julep Karmen.  I really love this polish, it's perfect for fall!  It's a gorgeous deep red polish with gold shimmer.  It applied super easy, and no staining.  It's like fall in a bottle, and I think this might be a close runner-up for a wedding polish colour ;)

This is 2 coats of Julep Kennedy.  I wasn't too sure about this polish, but when I put it on I actually liked it.  This is one of the most surprising polishes in my collection. This applied great, and while the first coat was a little streaky, the second coat evened everything out :)

This is 2 coats of Julep Nadia.  Again, a surprising polish.  I am not a fan of the colour yellow in general, but yellow polishes tend to draw me in for some reason.  I love the shimmer in this polish.  The only downside to this polish is that it did stain my nails a little bit, so just a word of caution to you :)  The shimmer in this polish is perfect, and I think this will make a great Christmas polish :D

This is 2 coats of Julep Sadie, one of the Sea Salt polishes.  I love this polish!  It's gorgeous!  Many people have mentioned that this is very similar, if not the same, as Zoya Dahlia.  The sparkle in this polish is perfect, and catches the light just right.  I really love textured polishes, and this is one of my favourites :)

This is 2 coats of JulieG Mistletoe!  I love me some JulieG textured polishes.  This is one of the polishes from the Holiday Frosted Gumdrops collection that was just released.  This is a perfect Christmas green polish, and applied perfect, as is typical of the other JulieG Gumdrop polishes.

This is 2 coats of OPI Get Your Number.  I like this polish, but after wearing it, I decided it just wasn't for me.  The base is very jelly-like, as you can tell from the visible nail line in the pictures.  It's not as visible in person.  I do love the shimmer of this polish, and the texture is nice and fine, not too gritty.  I prefer the JulieG Gumdrop polishes over this, and the other OPI Liquid Sands polishes I have tried. 

This is 2 coats of Sinful Colors Exotic Green.  This is a great holiday green polish.  I used it in lots of nail art last year for Christmas nails throughout December, but this is the first time I have used it as a base for anything.  The application of this polish is great - and this polish is great for water marbling!

Well, that wraps up Swatch-It-Up-Saturday for this week.  Sorry it took me so long to get a post up, but as you can see, I have been busy working on swatches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.