Friday 10 August 2012

NOTD: Marble with Julep Felicity

Morning sunshines!  I hope you're enjoying this dreary day!

So I wanted to try out my other polish from my August Julep Maven Box, Felicity, but I couldn't bring myself to take off Alfre just yet.  So I decided I would attempt the marbling look that is achieved by using seran wrap to "sponge" polish onto the nail.




I am in love with this look.  I would love to try this with more than one "sponge" colour.  I think this would be great to try over white with light pastels for Easter, it would give an Easter Egg look so easily :D

I like how the gold of Felicity gives the purple of Alfre an antiqued look, and this is SO easy!  A lot of people do the "sponge off"method where you paint your top colour over your entire nail than use seran wrap to sponge some of it off to bring out the colour underneath, but I think the "sponge on" method is easier to control the amount of colour you cover your base colour with, and it uses less polish.  I did all 10 nails with 2 drops of polish on a styrofoam plate and a little piece of seran wrap.

What do you think of this marbled look?  Have you tried it before?  If so, post a picture to my Facebook page, I wold love to take a look :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.