Wednesday 29 August 2012

NOTD: Summertime Nails

Hey everybody!  Happy Hump Day! :D  I can't believe it's Wednesday already.  And with the Labour Day long weekend coming up, I can't believe the summer is coming to an end already!  That being said, I am glad because I am so done with heat.  We haven't had many overly-hot days here in South-Central Ontario in the last little while, but still.  When you are a winter person, the heat melts you from the inside out :(

So to wrap up summer, Brittnie over at Painting Outside the Lines is having a Summer Nail Contest.  Click here for details. Here is what I came up with.



Thumb nail:  Beach ball nails inspired by cutepolish's tutorial.
Index nail:  Strawberry nails - everyone love fresh strawberries in the summer! :D  That's one thing I miss during the winter months.  Sure, we can get California strawberries, but they just aren't the same!
Middle nail:  Watermelon nails - watermelon is a staple for summer BBQs and parties!
Ring nail:  Bikini nails!  I thought this would be cute to attempt on nails, though while I was painting it I had the song "Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" in my head and I should have done an itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny one with yellow polka dots ;)
Pinky nail:  Flipflop nails - you can't go through summer without wearing flipflop/thong sandals at least once!

This is going to be the true test -- let's see if I can remember what colours I used.
Thumb -- L'Oréal I Will!, Julep Daisy, Essie Mesmerize (new!), Jessica Red Delight
Index -- Random cranberry-ish red from a make-up kit (no brand or name). Julep Courteney, Jordana Black, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow
Middle -- Julep Courteney, L'Oréal I Will!, Jessica Prune Whip, Jordana Black
Ring -- Julep Alyson, Julep Morgan
Pinky -- Julep Lily, Julep Daphne, L'Oréal I Will!

Whew!! :)

And there you have it!  My summertime nails -- now I'm ready to embrace the snow and the cold :D  Are any of you guys participating in Brittnie's contest?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.