Monday 17 September 2012

10 Day Challenge -- Day 2

It's Day 2 of the 10 Day Nail Art Challenge -- Favourite Animal.  I was excited for this day because I knew exactly what I was going to do!  Here are all the entries:

Erica's Nails and More Day 2 entry:
If you have been following my blog for a while, you will know that polar bears are my favourite animal in the entire world, and one day I would like to have one of my own.. a real one. But until that day comes I guess these little guys will suffice ;) I used Julep Jessica (light blue), L'Oréal I Will! and Jordana Black.
Blog (you're here!) / Facebook



April Boulware Day 2 entry:
COW. I'm new at this this and not very good with dotting tools so I thought this would be the easiest.
dreamyMM Nails & Make Up Day 2 entry:
Animals are all lovely and unique, so I made 5 different ones.  I leave it to you to choose which one you like most *wink-wink*.  For me special one is the Tiger... (but also the parrot as I do have a few)
For the entire design I used acrylic paint colours and thin brushes...Base coat Essie BORROWED BLUE Nail Polish 746.

Blog / Facebook
Erin Fleming Day 2 entry:
Now I've been excited for this since I read the challenge list. Why you ask? Because it's not animal print per se, it's your favourite animal. My favourite animal is clearly my cat - so I used his 'colour palette' as inspiration for these nails.
used NOPI Razzle Dazzler, Zoya Trixie and BM 316!

Blog
Lustrous Lacquer Day 2 entry:
This is my very first attempt at doing free hand nail art. And I was in a bit of a rush to get it done on time. So please excuse the sloppyness.
Facebook
Muffin Nails Day 2 entry:
For day two, I decided to do my favorite Pokemon. It's a Phanpy, which conveniently looks just like my favorite animal, the elephant. I used Sally Hansen - Blue Me Away!, OPI - Cajun Shrimp, and Stripe Rite Black to make the Phanpy.
Blog / Facebook
Painted Nubbs Day 2 entry:
I have loved pigs since before I can remember! This is Tip Top Pink Lady as the base, Zoya Whitney as the snout and ears, Pure Ice Superstar as the white and LA Colors Black Velvet as the black.
Blog / Facebook
FingerFood Nails Day 2 entry:
I chose pandas because I'd never done them before. I used LA Colors Black Velvet with Models Own Snow White on a base of Borghese Fantastico Lime. Added a little bamboo as I thought the rest of my nails looked a bit bare (or bear! lol).
Blog / Facebook
Sandra Bickel Day 2 entry:
Favorite animal: Horse - my favorite animal that isn't cliche but is also not easy to represent in nail art. (was going to choose dogs but the only way I know how to draw a dog didn't translate well to nail art)...and besides that...I'd have wanted to do poodles and, well, my talents don't go that far yet...
Colours used: Sinful Colors Innocent & Exotic Green, Slate, Nirvana, Snow Me White, Black on Black LA COLORS Dark Brown, Julep Isla, Cover Girl Copper-cino.

Blog
Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer Day 2 entry:
It's puppy paw prints! Although I don't have a dog right now, dogs are my favorite animal! I decided to do paw prints (so my cat didn't hate me too much). I used Julep Kate for the base color and LA Colors Circuits and a dotting tool for the paw prints.
Blog / Facebook
See Jodi Polish Day 2 entry:
My favorite animal is my dog Jersey, she's a reverse brindle boxer, however, I do not have the skills to create her on my nails so I have chosen my favorite animal print. This was done with Arabella's Raspberry ice (its a brand a local salon uses and its great)-a rust shimmer, the white is Julep's Kate, and the leopard spots were done with Cult Nails Nevermore and Raspberry Ice.
Blog / Facebook
Sparkle and Shine Nails Day 2 entry:
My Day 2 entry is my favorite animal, owls (Yes, this is because of Harry Potter, hehehe)! I used Zoya Angelina as the brown base and China Glaze Oxidized Aqua for the wings and other fingers. The belly is L.A. Colors Atomic, the beak Zoya Paz, and the eyes Sally Hansen White On and a Sinful Colors shimmery black nail art polish. I apologize for not doing owls on all my fingers, it was getting late last night and I messed up the other fingers falling asleep, oops!
Blog / Facebook

Amber Nolan Day 2 entry:
Favorite animal! Used Mischa with black nail art polish.
No Naked Nails Day 2 entry:
My favorite is a butterfly! They are so graceful and beautiful. I love watching them. I used Wet-N-Wild 'How I Met Your Magenta' and a lot of striping polishes.
Blog / Facebook
Samantha Dobbs Day 2 entry:
Well since I can’t draw an otter or anything otter like I decided to go with a Bengal! Since its football Sunday I decides to kill 2 birds :) I’m wearing deborah Lippmann Lara’s Theme and china glaze Mahogany Magic.
Blog












I love all these designs!  I love animals so it was interesting to see what everyone came up with :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.