Tuesday 18 September 2012

10 Day Challenge -- Day 3

Well we are a 1/3 of the way through the Challenge.  I hope everyone is enjoying it so far!  Spectators, what do you guys think of all the designs so far?

Here are all the Day 3 entries.  The theme is Favourite Season.  This can be either the 4 natural seasons or holidays, as I consider those to be seasons as well (Christmas season is from the end of October until the end of December here in Canada -- as soon as Hallowe'en is over the stores are FILLED with Christmas goodies!).

Erica's Nails and More Day 3 entry:
I looooooove winter! I love it simply because I love snow and hate the heat of summertime. But I don't do any winter sports (skiing, skating, etc.) because I'm not a very coordinated person.  I like downhill skiing, but for me it's more like downhill tumbling ;)
I used Julep Jessica for the base colour and L'Oréal I Will!, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Celeb City and Jordana Black for the snowflakes and snowmen.
Blog (you're here!) / Facebook


April Boulware Day 3 entry:
Hallowe'en - white is Pure Ice Superstar. The black is Tip Top Black Forest. Gray is Zoya Dove. Yellowish range is LA Colors Shock. The darker orange is Zoya Arizona and the red is LA Colors Hot Blooded.
dreamyMM Nails and Make Up Day 3 entry:
My favourite Season is BOO... Halloween *giggles*
For the entire design I used (as usual) acrylic paint colours and thin brushes...
Base coat :NYC In A New York Color Minute, Lexington Yellow No.294.
and I've done the Gradient Effect with Orange and Gold Acrylic paint, worked with a tiny piece of sponge over the yellow base.

Blog / Facebook
Erin Fleming Day 3 entry:
My favourite season is fall. I used OPI Deutsch You Want Me Baby with an accent nail using Zoya Elisa and China Glaze Electrify.
Blog
Lustrous Lacquer Day 3 entry:
For me this was an easy decision. Ive always loved the fall colors and a bonus, my birthday is in the fall. I decided to spong on some colors that reminded me of the falling leaves and then added a leaf stamp to try and pull the whole thing together. Colors used are Sinful Colors Clementine (orange) and Firefly (yellow) Essie Penny Talk (copper) and Milani Hot Orchid ( Burgandy) . Stamps are done with Milani Black sweep. Plates used are BM 04 (middle and pinky) RA-120 (pointer and ring).
Facebook


Muffin Nails Day 3 entry:
This mani was inspired by my favorite season, fall. I tried to incorporate all of the common autumn colors into the background and then the solid tree in front with its leaves gone.
I made a gradient using Sally Hansen Lightening, Sinful Colors Courtney Orange, and Sinful Colors Envy. I then painted on the tree with Essie Little Brown Dress.

Blog / Facebook
Painted Nubbs Day 3 entry:
My favorite season is actually a holiday lol... I'd have to say it's Valentine's Day, I love the celebration of love. And who doesn't love a good stuffed animal, especially those giant monkeys! The red is LA Colors Hot Blooded, the white is Pure Ice Superstar and the stamps are Salon Express plates 20&21. :)
Blog / Facebook
FingerFood Nails Day 3 entry:
Here are my "season" nails. I went for Autumn as my fave - I used Rimmel Aqua Cool for the base with Models Own black for the trees. The leaves are OPI Rising Star and Take the Stage, with Sally Hansen Teeny Greeny Bikini and Emerald City.
Blog / Facebook
Sandra Bickel Day 3 entry:
Late spring/ early summer story.
Pinky: first flush of spring (sap is rising :grin:)
Ring: first sprouts
Middle: sky full of stars

Index: first blooms
Thumb: height of summer
I love when my nails tell a story...when I have time, I do this. I used Kleancolor - Daisy, Kiss nail art decals 2012 edition & metal enamel hearts.

Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer Day 3 entry:
My favorite season is fall, so I tried to incorporate some fall colors in this mani. I started with LA Colors Bronze as the base and then did a braided accent nail (my first!) using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color in Rapid Red and NYC Color in Plaza Plumberry.
Blog / Facebook
See Jodi Polish Day 3 entry:
My favorite season is the Christmas season, and in my house it runs from the 3rd week in November until the first week of January. My color theme is red, white and silver...this manicure represents that and the stamped star looks just like my tree topper. The Red polish is a local Hawaiian brand that I picked up in Honolulu last year called Island Girl and the name i
s Old Lahaina, and the shimmery/silvery white is CHI Ceramic Nail Lacquer's Snow Angels in Central Park (I needed 4 coats for this color to be opaque.) I also added a red rhinestone in the center of the star.

Sparkle and Shine Nails Day 3 entry:
I wanted to go a little out of the ordinary. While my favorite season of the year is fall, my OTHER favorite season involves the only sport I love, FOOTBALL (American style). And I am a HUGE New York Giants fan, so I did my Giants pedi which I wore under my socks yesterday (when the Giants won, by the way!). OPI Swimsuit...Nailed It! and A Oui Bit of Red, China Glaze Unplugged, and Sally Hansen White On.
Blog / Facebook
Amber Nolan Day 3 entry:
My favorite season is fall and these colors really say fall to me! I used julep rachel & sienna.
No Naked Nails Day 3 entry:
I absolutely love spring! Everything is so fresh and new and everything just comes alive! I tried to incorporate some of the things I love about the season and am VERY pleased with how this came out. I used Orly's Decades of Disfunction first then put Sinful Colors' Cinderella over it for the sky and all the rest is just about every striping polish there is...LOL. Hope you like it, its all freehand :)
Blog / Facebook
Samantha Dobbs Day 3 entry:
I painted a base brown sponged on red, yellow, and orange randomly. I drew the tree and stamped the leaves.
Blog















A lot of people love fall!  Looks like I'm the only one crazy enough to love winter in its entirety ;)  Christmas is my favourite holiday season, but I decided to do winter because I love nothing more than waking up to a fresh blanket of snow :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.