Saturday 22 September 2012

10 Day Challenge -- Day 7

We're already at Day 7!  Wow, time sure flies when you are having fun!!  Day 7's theme was flowers and there are some pretty great designs!

Erica's Nails and More Day 7 entry:
I decided to try daisy nails for today.  My inspiration came from Painting Outside the Lines Daisy Nails tutorial.  I used Julep Whitney for my base colour and did the daisies using L'Oréal I Will! and Julep Daisy for the centres (fitting, right?!).
Blog (you're here!) / Facebook

Aprill Boulware Day 7 entry:
The base is Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac and the flowers are just nail stickers.  I think they are very cute.
dreamyMM Nails and Make Up Day 7 entry:
Since yesterday I didn't make vintage Polka Dots, thought giving a try to make today 'Vintage Purple Roses'.  For today's design, I used Nail Polish ONLY surprising even for me cause I love drawing in Acrylic Paint.  The Polishes are: Collection 200 Hot Looks 'Hoola Hoop' #34 and 'Technic Nail Art Polishes' which are amazing because they have a very thin long brush and helps to make straight lines.
Erin Fleming Day 7 entry:
I used Essie Blanc, Color Club Wild and Heart and BM 205.  Sorry for my thumbnail...it's broken :(
Lustrous Lacquer Day 7 entry:
I originally planned on doing just plain old dotted flowers because I'm half decent at those.  But I wanted to push myself and try something different.  To be honest I went to bed last night planning out this mani and picturing myself doing it in my head just to help build my confidence.  I've watched so many videos on the one stroke flower and I've wanted to try it for a long time now.  And the more I look at this mani the more I like it and am happy with my first attempt.  Especially the flower at the tip of my thumb there. ;)  Base coat is Zoya Megan.  Flowers are done with L'Oréal Tweet Me and Milani White on the Spot.  The centres are Sinful Colors Happy Ending.

Muffin Nails Day 7 entry:
Here are my flowers!  I tried to step out of my comfort zone a bit and do something other than the usual dotted flowers.  There are a few mistakes and things I would do differently, but in general, I like how it worked out.  I used Sinful Colors Boom Boom (this is like, the fifth time I've used this color this week), OPI Steady as She Rose, Sally Hansen Black Heart and Lightening, and Essie Navigate Her.
Painted Nubbs Day 7 entry:
These are my favorite so far!  Very simple and my stamping has greatly improved.  The base is LA Colors Magnetic Force, the stamping is done with Pure Ice Superstar and the centre is LA Colors Aqua Crystals.
FingerFood Nails Day 7 entry:
I used LA colors Current as a base and Black Velvet for the branches, with Models Own Snow White and Color Club She's Sooo Glam for the cherry blossom flowers.  Apologies for the photo quality - I took it at work when I had the office to myself for a minute...
Sandra Bickel Day 7 entry:
Used: China Glaze Mahogany Magic, Naked (new one from the Breast Cancer set-Yum!) and I Herd That, Sinful Colors Snow Me White and white flower decals courtesy of KISS nails.  Sorry, not quite brave enough to attempt real painted flowers nor am I ready to trust the stamper just yet...
Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer Day 7 entry:
This is actually the first time I've attempted flowers...and I think these qualify as fail art!  They look like little pink sunny-side-up eggs.  I used LA Colors Atomic as the base colour, and used LA Colors Art Deco polishes in Baby Pink and Yellow and a dotting tool to make the flowers.
See Jodi Polish Day 7 entry:
I used a dotting tool for the flowers, base colour is NYC Times Square Tangerine Creme, yellow petals are Joe Fresh in Butter, the centre is Jessica Glamorous Gladiator and I sponged Wet n Wild Hallucination on the tips for some sparkle.
Sparkle and Shine Nails Day 7 entry:
I had a had time stamping this, the ones I wanted weren't coming out right, because I'm stubborn and insisted on a little holo (if I would have just switched to my favorite polka dot flower, I would have been good to go!).  In the end I got one to work, I used Color Club Rvvvolution, Sally Hansen Celeb City, and plate SE18.
Amber Nolan Day 7 entry:
Nothing fancy, but still super cute!  I used Pure Ice Jamaica Me Crazy, Essie Jelly Apple, Hard Candy Beetle, and Julep Demi for the flowers.  Pure Ice Superstar and Wet n Wild The Wonder Yellows were used for the details :)
No Naked Nails Day 7 entry:
Colors I used:  Sally Hansen Green with Envy, LA Colors Energy Source (white) and Shock (yellow), and dark green striping polish.
Samantha Dobbs Day 7 entry:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.