Sunday 23 September 2012

10 Day Challenge -- Day 8

Wow, where has the last week gone!  We are at day 8 of the Challenge, and the theme for Day 8 is Galaxy nails!  I think, besides dotticures, Galaxy nail art is my favourite type of nail art.  It doesn't matter if you are beginner, intermediate or advanced, everyone can master this design!

When I did my 31 Day Challenge back in the spring, I had never heard of Galaxy nails, so I had to look it up.  When I Googled it, it took me to cutepolish's tutorial video and that is how I learned to do them :)

Let's take a trip into space!

Erica's Nails and More Day 8 entry:
I LOVE galaxy nails! They are so super easy and look fabulous every time! It doesn't matter whether you are a beginner or advance, everyone can master this nail art design! For this I used Jordana Black as my base colour. Then I sponged on L'Oréal I Will! and Mango-Get-Em, and Julep Daisy for my galaxies. Then I used NYC In a New York Minute Pier 17 around the outer edge of the galaxies to blend the colours into the black background. Topped off with Jordana Crystal Glitter to give the appearance if millions of stars :D
Blog (you're here!) / Facebook
April Boulware Day 8 entry:
For me, these were the hardest. Weird seeing as everyone else thinks that they're the easiest. I used Tip Top Black Forest, Pure Ice Superstar, WnW How I Met Your Magenta, Sally Hansen Blue Me Away, and OPI Gone Gonzo.
dreamyMM Nails & Make Up Day 8 entry:
Today wasn't a very creative day for me... But I did my best to make something and have an entry... Is funny as had loads of different idea's how to make my Galaxy nails... Any ways things never work as planned LoL... What I used? Many different colours of nail polish and a sponge...
Erin Fleming Day 8 entry:

These were seriously so much fun to do! I think I went sponge overboard though, hehe.
I started with a base of Zoya Ibiza. I sponged China Glaze Bahamian Escape, Zoya Fei Fei and Zoya Laney. I did the 'stars' with SH White On. I then capped it off with a layer of China Glaze Fairy Dust! That's a lot of polish!

Lustrous Lacquer Day 8 entry:
This one is a day late but I still wanted to share it with you.  Day 8 is Galaxy nails.  I can't believe I waited so long to try this.  It was pretty easy considering I threw this together in about 10 minutes.  I used a no name E.L.F. polish for the base.  A black sparkley colour with #2F01AS on the label.  Sponged on some Milani White on the Spot (my go to white), L'Oréal Tweet Me, Orly Glits for highlight, Sinful Colors Pink Forever and finally Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue It.



Muffin Nails Day 8 entry:
Galaxy nails! I found these really funny because they'd been the design I was most worried about attempting, but they were the easiest ones I've done all week! They're just unbelievably fun to paint. I used the tutorial by Cutepolish (http://tinyurl.com/3t8uklu) as a guide, and then made a few changes to suite my tastes. Overall this has been my favorite design so far and I'm going to be so upset when I have to take them off tomorrow!
Painted Nubbs Day 8 entry:
I wanted to do something different than the traditional black background, so I went with blue/green themed. I think it's pretty good for my first try. The base is WnW Teal of Fortune, and the other colors are Zoya Song, CG Bahamian Escape, Pure Ice Wild Thing, Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet, and Pure Ice Superstar, all topped with a coat of Pure Ice Don't You Wish. *I wish my stars were a little smaller*
FingerFood Nails Day 8 entry:
Galaxy manis are one of my favourites - I love trying different colours every time. This time I started with LA Colors Black Velvet, then added Models Own Snow White and Sun Kissed, Collection 2000 Hip Hop, Jessica Electric Teal, LA Colors Wired and Sally Hansen Twinkle Twinkle for the sparkle :)
Sandra Bickel Day 8 entry:
Ok, I had to do this one several times as a test before I got the right tools together to help me. I am still not *completely* satisfied...would be a lot easier with dotting tools that with just a brush. I used OPI DS Fantasy, Sinful Colors Snow Me White and Let's Meet, and Sally Hansen Delightful Dawn.
Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer Day 8 entry:
These were my first galaxy nails, and though they aren't perfect, I like the technique and look forward to trying it again. I started with LA Colors Circuits, then sponged on LA Colors Energy Source, Pure Ice Crimson, Pure Ice Celestial, and Sinful Colors San Francisco. I then used a dotting tool to add the stars and finished with Spoiled Shaken Snow Globe.
See Jodi Polish Day 8 entry:
Blog / Facebook
Sparkle and Shine Nails Day 8 entry:
This was just too much fun, and I even got to use space themed polishes! I started with a base of Spoiled The Parking Meteor Expired. Sponged on some Sally Hansen White On, then Sally Hansen HD Laser. The finishing touch was the highly appropriate Claire's Night Sky :-)
Amber Nolan Day 8 entry:
I finally got this right! I used Hard Candy Wicked for the base. Then sponged on Pure Ice Super Star, then Hard Candy Beetle, and Sinful Colors Kissy. I love the way this mani turned out!!
No Naked Nails Day 8 entry:
I was excited about this one since I have never done galaxy nails before! It was a lot easier than I thought it would be! The trick is just barely having any polish on the sponge, gives you a lot more control over where it goes and how much goes on. I love how it turned out. I will definitely be doing this one again. I used LA Colors Circuits (black) and Energy Source (white), Revlon Temptress (pink), Sally Hansen Green With Envy, Pure Ice Busted (purple) and white striping polish.








(Missing Samantha Dobbs entry :( )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.