Tuesday 4 September 2012

NOTD: Soulstice Geneva

Good afternoon fellow polish addicts :)  I hope everyone is having a wonderful time re-adjusting and getting back into the swing of things!  With school starting that means that winter is that much closer!  :D  You know, another thing I love about winter and really dislike about the rest of the year??  You ALWAYS know what to wear for the day before you even step outside.  Spring, summer and fall mornings can be so deceiving when you look outside.  It either looks cold because it's overcast but is sweltering hot or muggy later in the day, or it looks beautiful out and it's cold as heck!  With inter, that's not a problem -- snow on the ground = pants, sweater, boots, mitts, optional hat and scarf, depending on how windy it is.  And because I'm a roll-out-of-bed-get-dressed-eat-breakfast-I'm-out-the-door kinda person, this kind of brain-dead way to know what to wear really appeals to me :D

I guess I should get back to the topic at hand, the polish :)  I have for you today the start of a polish swatching series of the polishes I got from Nail Polish Canada.  For a brief look at what all I got in my haul, click here.

I started with my free Soulstice Geneva.  Nail Polish Canada had a Discount Code where you could get a full sized bottle of any Soulstice polish for free, and honestly, who doesn't like FREE NAIL POLISH?!  ;)  And with their $25 order = free Canadian shipping rule made it a no-brainer for me :D  I jumped on this discount before it was expired and while browsing the options that were available, I checked out swatches as I went and decided on Geneva because I don't have anything like it in my collection.











This is a beautiful dusty colour.  I called it "mauve" in my nail hail post, but it's not really mauve.. I'm not sure what to call it because it's not burgundy or pink or red... it's a really nice colour and I definitely do not own a single polish like it :D  It's not on the Soulstice website either so that I can see what they describe it as... oh the stresses of nail polish!  LOL!  So if it's not on the site I'm going to say that it's an older colour and may become hard to find, so if you like it, make sure you get it before it's gone :D

All pictures are 3 coats of polish.  It's really sheer with the first coat and I thought "oh no, it's going to be one of those polishes", but it builds opacity quite nicely with the 3rd coat.  Because it has a shimmer to it, you can see slight brushstrokes, but that doesn't bother me, especially when the colour is this pretty :)

You will also notice that I took a couple pictures at different angles.  I'm trying out new picture-taking-skills and seeing what I like and can come up with.  Any tips on hand/finger positioning for "glamour shots"?  I see so many different hand positions when I browse through the blogs I follow and I want to find one that is easy to hold, easy to capture without being blurry, showing true-to-life colour, gloss, sparkle and texture :)  Not that I'm fussy or anything ;)  Any feedback on my photos is appreciated, as well as any tips and/or tricks you may have for getting that "perfect shot".

Did you take advantage of the Discount Code?  Do you own any Soulstice polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.