Tuesday 27 November 2012

November Nail Art Challenge Day 9

Good afternoon lovely readers!  I can't believe it's the end of November, and the 2nd last day of the Challenge :(  Not sure what I'm going to do when all this is over.. though I'm sure I will come up with something to fill in my free time in December :)


Day 9 is Water Marble.  This is the one that I have the most fun with, I love water marbling, I just wish I had more time to do them more often.  I'm sorry for all the girls that have had a hard time with this design :(  I promise that once you get the hang of it, it's fun!

For this, I didn't know what colour combination to do, so I posted a question on the Facebook page and Patricia suggested navy and pastel pink.  I love this idea, so here's what I did.







Alright, so this wasn't my best water marble to date, but I will definitely be doing this colour combination again!  If I had time I would definitely redo it for the Challenge, but today's the last day to link up for Day 9, so I will just be happy with this one :)

I knicked my middle finger off the edge of the table I was working on when I was applying my top coat .. whoops! >.<  Note to self - work at a thinner table top.  Our kitchen table is about 1-1/2" thick and with the lighting it's tricky to see what you're doing, so I put the finger I'm working on on the table surface and the rest under the table top.
Looks like there was a water bubble on my pinky too.

I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On as my base colour, I was going to include white in the design but decided against it after I got my nails painted, so that's why the white is showing through the design in some places.  Then I used Julep Carrie (pink) and Eloise (blue) in my marble.  Next time I will definitely paint my nails with Carrie and then do my water marble, that way the white won't show through the pink :)  Plus, then I think that Carrie would be a little bolder in the design as well :)

My favourite nail is my index, just because there is nothing wrong with the design -- no thin polish in the marble causing white to show through, no water bubbles, no knicks, no smears :)

2 comments:

  1. How cool and pretty, looks like zebra stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! I love your blog Erica! I just gave you the Liebster award!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.