Monday 1 April 2013

"A" is for Argyle

Good morning and welcome to day/week 1 of the ABC Nail Art Challenge!  If you are a new follower, welcome!  All information for the Challenge can be found here.

This week (Mar 31 - Apr 6) is brought to you by the letter "A" - yes that was meant to sound like Sesame Street ;)

A is for Argyle





A is also for Julep Amy and Avon Aqua Fantasy.

This is my first attempt at argyle nails, and I really love it!  However - note to self!  Polish kind of disolves scotch tape and when you go to take it off, it makes pieces where the polish is on the tape rip off and make a mess of your mani *sigh*

I used Scotch brand tape over 2 dry coats of Amy (darker teal) and painted over it with Aqua Fantasy.  When I went to pull the tape off, the part of the tape that had the polish on it ripped off and stayed on my nail.  The first nail I did was my index, so I repainted with Amy but didn't want to wait FOREVER for it to be 100% dry to use the tape again, so I just hand-did it with a small paint brush, that's why it looks different than the rest.  The rest of the nails, I still used the tape, but I had tweezers handy for when it happened again (on every nail!).  I was using the matte tape (I think - it wasn't the clear shiny kind) so I don't know if that has something to do with it?

After Aqua Fantasy was dry to the touch, I used my black striper (Jordana Pop Art Black Mark) and drew the diamond over top.  I probably should have used white for a less bold line, but I like the way this turned out!  Then I topped it with Jordana Crystal Glitter, cause you can never have enough glitter :D

Make sure you do an "A" mani this week, and post the picture on my Facebook page!!

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.