Sunday 26 May 2013

Julep Kaylen

All polishes are purchased with my own money unless stated otherwise.

Happy Sunday!  Back to work tomorrow! :(  That's OK though, the more days that pass, the closer Tyler and I get to move into our first house :D  It's been a super long weekend waiting to be able to go for our inspection on Tuesday, and I still have to wait almost 2 whole days yet, lol!

Here is the swatch of Julep Kaylen I promised in my Smile mani post yesterday.




This is 2 coats of Kayln, topped with top coat.  This came in the Boho Glam part of the Brights collection from Julep for the month of April.  When I put it on, we had raw carrots at dinner, and look at what I noticed...

Ehh, what's up doc?
Kaylen is a bold carrot-orange polish that had great coverage.  I would describe this polish as a crell-leaning-creme - it's like a crelly but with great coverage :)  I was so excited about all the polishes in the Brights collection for the month of April because I love bright polish colours, and it was my birthday month so I opted for the entire collection :)  I'm so glad I did!  All of the colours are beautiful, and all have great coverage and brightness.  One thing I noticed when swatching these on nail sticks is the scent.  It's not your typical polish/chemical smell, it is sickly sweet.  A lot of the Julep Mavens have commented on this as well.

Make sure to head over to my Julep Maven information page if you are interested in becoming a Julep Maven!

What do you think of this?  Would you wear a carrot-orange polish??

2 comments:

  1. I love this and I would totally wear it! I love orange ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'm not normally an orange or yellow person, but there is something about this polish that I can't help but love :D

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.