Monday 10 June 2013

Glitter Gradient with Avon and Julep

Monday again!  How was everyone's weekend?

I have my 2nd attempt at a glitter gradient today and I definitely think that I am MUCH better at it this time than the first time I did it (and WOW can you believe how long my nails were?!)!





First off, I would like to apologize for the state of my cuticles/skin around the edge of my nails.  I have been slacking on the application of Pure Cuticle Oil, and I have also been picking at them :(  I'm going to try to get them back in shape, but you will have to look at my sore cuticles for the next few posts - sorry!

For this I used Avon Aqua Fantasy as my base colour, which is my favourite Avon polish, and Julep Portia.  This is the first time I used Portia and I have to say I know what all the fuss is all about now!  I LOVE IT!  It made the mani look so mermaid-y, it's gorgeous!  Now if only I had a scale stamping plate... :D

I really, REALLY love how this turned out!  What do you think?  Have my glitter gradients improved??

3 comments:

  1. those are beautiful :) i think i might try a glitter gradient too.. keep it simple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cami! It is pretty simple, but yet it looks gorgeous :) If you do one, share it on my Facebook page, I wanna see ;) :D

      Delete
  2. I recently did a sorta glitter gradient but my glitter was too opaque for it to be as pretty as yours. I have Portia and I love this combination, very mermaid-esque like you said :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.