Saturday 27 July 2013

Swatch-It-Up-Saturday July 27

Hello lovely readers!!  How many of you are still up?!  This girl is soon heading to bed, just waiting on mom and dad to stop in to pick something up on their way home and I will be hitting the hay.

I have a quick, and very late, Swatch-It-Up-Saturday post for you.


This is 2 coats of Essie Armed & Ready.  I saw this polish swatched on a blog a while back, I can't remember which blog it was now, but Amber from And Then There Was Polish sent it to me in the box she sent to me for my birthday back in April!  This is a gorgeous dark grey polish with a beautiful copper shimmer.  The copper shimmer isn't always visible, but it jumps out in the bright sunshine!  I really love the way this looks on the nail, and will definitely be using this more in the future!!

This is 2 coats of Revlon Top Speed Jaded.  I really LOVE this colour - it's a perfect mint green colour and it applies great!  The first coat was kind of thin and streaky, but the second coat really filled in the colour and made it opaque.  This is a great base colour for lots of different nail art!

This is 2 coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On.  This is the only true-white I own, and it's a great polish.  It does apply kind of streaky, so I did a layer of matte top coat between the coats of white polish, which I will be doing every time I need a white base colour from now on - this trick is a Godsend!  I do notice that this polish does get pretty thick when you get about half-way done the bottle, and before I owned polish thinner, I would just toss the half bottle and get a new one as the Xtreme Wear polishes aren't overly pricey (about $3.50 a bottle at my local drugstore I think).

That's it for today.  I may or may not have a Swatch-It-Up-Saturday post next weekend - it's a long weekend here next weekend, so Tyler, Owen and I are heading up north to camp with some friends for the weekend!  No hydro, no water, sleeping in a tent - that's my kind of R&R :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.