Friday 26 July 2013

Q is for Quilt Patch

Evening lovely readers!!  I hope you have all had a wonderful week!  I have so many pictures of manis built up, but not enough time to work on posting them :(  So sorry!!!  I hope to get some stuff done blog-wise this weekend, but I don't know if that will happen :\  I just ask that you bare with me another couple of weeks, and I will try to be back on some sort of posting schedule :)

Tonight I have for you my (better late than never) Q mani for the ABC Nail Art Challenge!

Q is for Quilt Patch



Firstly, I apologize for the lighting - my desk light fell off my desk between when I did the white base colour for these nails and when I went to take these pictures, and the fall broke the filament in the bulb, so I need to go light bulb shopping...  These are taken in my kitchen where the lighting isn't "natural" looking.

For this I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On as my base coat.  I did 2 coats with the matte top coat method between coats to create a smooth, streak-free finish :)  I was debating on either doing this with neons or with textured polishes, and as you can see, neons won!  I used China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, Turned Up Turquoise, Flip Flop Fantasy, and Escaping Reality with a nail art brush to create random shapes on my nails.  Then I used my black striper polish (Jordana Pop Art Black Mark) to create the outlines and stitch lines around each shape.  Topped it off with Seche Vite, which is becoming my favourite go-to top coat, and I was done!

What do you think??  Do they look quilt-patch-y?  Don't forget to post your Q mani on my Facebook page!!

2 comments:

  1. OOh i love this, reminds me of those stuffed animals with patches on them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now that you say that, yeah, it does!! :D

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.