Saturday 31 August 2013

Swatch-It-Up-Saturday Aug 31

Happy Saturday!  I have lots of swatches to show you today, I have been stashing the pictures for a couple weeks :)  So let's get right to it :D


This is 2 coats of Bondi NYPD that I received in the very first month of their subscription boxes.  Honestly, I could have got away with only ONE coat, but I put the second on for good measure!  The formula of this polish is PERFECTION!!  That is the only way I can describe it!  I also love the brush of this polish.  It applied so smoothly and evenly.  The colour is a touch darker in person, but it's absolutely gorgeous and will definitely be a go-to blue polish for me :D  You can sign up for the Bondi subscription box here.  So far I have been nothing but pleased with Bondi :D

This is 2 coats of China Glaze Naked.  This is a PERFECT Barbie pink!  It's shimmery and girly, and perfect for any occasion!  The application was really easy with this polish.  This is the second time I have worn this polish and I fell head over heels for it when I put it on again :D  (The first time I wore it was with this mani.)  I highly recommend this polish for anyone who is looking for "that perfect pink"!

This is 2 coats of Gel II Deep Ocean gel polish.  I put this polish on so that my polish and nails would survive a weekend of camping for the Canadian Civic Day long weekend at the beginning of August.  I put it on the Thursday before we left, and unfortunately it was starting to chip and peel by Sunday afternoon.  Keep in mind that I was camping in a tent, and not staying at the Hilton, so we were living pretty ruggedly for the weekend.  Normally the Gel II polishes last at least a week for me, if not longer.  I usually get bored with the colour before it needs to be changed :)  I did notice with this colour that you can really see the VNL through the polish.  I wonder if doing 3 coats of the gel colour before applying the top coat would help with this??

This is 2 coats of Julie G Tangerine Dream.  I LOOOOOVE textured polishes.  I honestly didn't think that I would, I thought they would be too weird for me but I actually can't get enough of them!  The polishes from the Julie G Gumdrops collections are my ideal textured polish though because the grit is very fine and SUPER sparkly!  I can't stop looking at my nails when I have these on!  The formula was perfect for this colour and the picture above shows my nails with NO clean-up :)

This is 2 coats of OPI Suze & the 7 Düssledorfs.  This polish is a touch more red in person, but it's still really pretty!  Purple is one of those colours that all cameras hate to capture properly :(  This polish has a beautiful shimmer through it that flashes indigo and blue.  If you are a purple lover (like me) I recommend you try this one out!  The formula was great and really easy to work with :D

And there you have it for this edition of Swatch-It-Up-Saturday.  I will try to be more constant with my posting.  Things are starting to slow down for me with summer soon coming to a close.  Moan and groan if you want, it's happening, and the snow will be here before you know it (thank goodness!) :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how perfect that julie g is! I'm not an orange fan but the sparkle and the perfect application is awesome. I also really love the bondi!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am IN LOVE with all of the Julie G Frosted Gumdrops polishes! They are my favourite textures. I'm not normally an orange fan either, but the ones I have been wearing lately are really speaking to me. Maybe I'm a closet orange fan ;)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.