Monday 21 October 2013

Dot Shower Mani - Facebook Request

Good morning, happy Monday!  Tyler and I were looking at the weather forecast for this week and they are predicting wet flurries over night for all of this week :D  YIPPEE!!!  (Yes, I'm sick in the head, it's all good ;) )

Today I have a mani I did a while back (and the last of my "draft" posts) that was suggested to me by a Facebook fan and friend, Kim!  I asked my followers to send me links of manis they wanted me to try to replicate and she was the only one with suggestions, and she continues to send me suggestions from time to time.  Here was the inspiration for this mani.  Let's take a look at what I did :)


I started off with 2 coats of Avon Blue Royale, the blue suede polish.  Then using a white striper polish, I created the half moon (which I think I did too large).  Then with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On and a dotting tool I created the "dot shower" to the tip of my nail.  I wasn't impressed with the way this turned out, so I only did an accent nail, but I topped all my nails with Seche Vite, and look at the beauty that the suede polish turns into with a glossy top coat!

I want to try this again, but I will make sure that I do a smaller half moon and use a smaller dotting tool for the "shower" part of the mani.

What do you think?  Have you topped a suede polish with a glossy top coat before?

1 comment:

  1. perrrfect winter nails :)
    Following you now! Please follow back for support will appreciate it <3
    xx
    Red Alice
    http://redraoalice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.