Thursday 5 December 2013

Catching Fire Nails

Good morning everyone!  I hope your first week of December is treating you well!  Only 20 more sleeps till the big guy is here!  I have started my Christmas shopping, but hope that Tyler and I can get a good chunk of it done this coming weekend :)

Today I have a quick post with a mani that I did a couple weeks ago for the opening weekend of Catching Fire, the second installment of the Hunger Games trilogy.  This is one of my favourite trilogies, and of course I had to go and watch it with my bestest friend, and movie-buddy, and have a girls' weekend :D


For this I started with 2 coats of Julep Nadia, a light yellow shimmer.  This is a really interesting colour, and I kind of like it.  Then, I followed cutepolish's tutorial for Catching Fire nails using a random orange shimmer polish, and Julep Karmen to create the flame tips, and my Jordana Pop Art Black Mark striper polish.

Overall, I love the look of this mani, and loved the movie!!  It was just as exciting as Hunger Games, and can't wait for the final movie to come out, but I don't know when that is yet.

Did you go watch Catching Fire?  Did you do your nails to match the occasion?

2 comments:

  1. Cute! The next movie comes out next November! There's going to be two movies though, splitting Mockingjay in half. Loved the movie, I was on edge the whole time even though I knew what was going to happen. Did my nails to match too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, duh, I knew/should have known that! The friend that I went with, we are both Twihards, and she said that Hunger Games snuck right into the Twilight weekend.
      I loved it too! I meant to re-read the book before going to watch the movie, but I am working on reading the Anne of Green Gables series, and didn't want to interrupt that :)
      Can't wait for next November already!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.