Friday 26 October 2012

Mani/Pedi with Orly Frolic and China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise

Good evening lovely readers!  Today I went to get my nails done with my sister, though my sister didn't show up so I got a mani and a pedi!  The plan was that I was going to get a pedi and my sister was going to get a mani because I have a lot of nail art to do this weekend.  But when she didn't make it I decided to do both for just me, so I won't be getting all my nail art done this weekend that I had planned on.

Ah well, I love getting my nails done :D  Now I just have to keep myself from changing my polish tomorrow ;)  Maybe I'll work on painting my nail wheels.

I got Orly Frolic on my fingernails.  This was on my wishlist and I read some reviews and they said that it wasn't the bright neon-ish purple that is shown on the website, it was more of a "magenta" colour.  When I saw that Jasmine (my cousin and manicurist) had it I knew I had to try it because I wanted to see if I would like it, and what better way?

This is how it looks on the website:

Source
And this is what it looks like on the nail:



Not even close... But I really like this colour even though it isn't the neon purple I was hoping it would be.  However, I think I have something fairly close (Avon Orchid Splash) which means that I don't have to buy this colour.  However, if I came across it for a reasonable price I wouldn't hesitate to get it!

Now, onto the toes!  I am putting this all in one blog post, there are too many distractions around here tonight so I don't think I will have time to do 2 :(  On my toes I got Turned Up Turquoise which is a beautiful, slightly shimmery turquoise colour.  I love it!  I would buy this colour for sure!


My toes look so pretty when they are painted :)  I have what I call "piggy toes" because they all curl into each other, they aren't long and straight like normal people's toes ;)  I think it has something to do with wearing shoes that were too small for me as a kid.

I LOVE going to get my nails done.  It's just so relaxing :D  And I try to get colours I don't have at home, but that's getting harder with my growing collection, lol!

What is your favourite colour to get when you go get your nails done?  Do you try to get a colour you don't have at home or do you just pick a colour you like even if you have it?

4 comments:

  1. Love both colors! I haven't had my nails done professionally since I was 16 and that was for senior prom :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a professional mani or pedi... I LOVE that turquoise though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go too Sarah! They are so relaxing! It's nice for me because my cousin is my manicurist, so it's easy to strike up conversation :)
      I swear, all us nail addicts should live in a gated community and be able to go do stuff like this together, and hang out all day to talk nails ;) Though it would be like a cult.. ah well, it would be fun! :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.