Thursday 11 October 2012

NOTD: butter LONDON Slapper

(In Ty Pennington voice) HELLO FELLOW POLISHERS!  We had a heavy frost and ice this morning when I woke up!  I had to scrape it off my car before I left for work.  That is the only thing I hate about winter, but that means that it's COMING!!! :D  WOOHOO!  However, I almost broke off 3 of my nails in the process of scraping.. I was ready to be upset about it, but they are all still intact :D  Winter is the worst time for me to grow out my nails.  With the cold temperatures we commonly get, usually between -10°C to -20°C and lower (14°F to -4°F and lower for my American readers :D ), add in the windchill of a few extra degrees, my nails like to become extremely brittle and break off unexpectantly.  So be prepared for some shorter nails around here during the 6 months of winter we tend to have.

Anywho, I pulled this out of the archive because I was feeling crummy last night and though I took my Go Pink Wednesday nails off last night, I didn't have the energy to get them repainted again, and polish fumes mixed with a nauseating migraine = BAD MIX!  So I spent some quality time with my nails and gave them some desperately needed TLC :)  I slathered on the hand lotion, put on some of Sunny's Miracle Balm (lilac and lilies scent) and topped it off with some Julep Cuticle Oil.  I could hear them singing when I woke up this morning, they were so happy! :D  Then when I stepped out in the cold the started shivering and aren't so happy with me anymore :(

Today I have for you my butter LONDON Slapper polish.  You will remember that I got this from Nail Polish Canada a while back, and I did try it right away, but I'm pretty sure it was just before the Nail Challenge, so I didn't get a chance to post it.

I love this colour!  It's is perfect.  It's bold, it's creamy, it's just down-right beautiful!  I am so glad I went with Slapper as the colour in my butter LONDON kit that I ordered.




This is 2 coats of Slapper.  It's a touch more green than what shows in the picture, my camera didn't seem to want to capture the colour in all its glory :(

I highly recommend this colour, and butter LONDON polish if you don't have one yet.  However, that being said, I will never pay retail for butter LONDON which retails on Nail Polish Canada for (a whopping) $17 per bottle.  That is way to much for me to justify spending on a polish.  For that kind of money I want the polish to paint itself onto my nails!  So this may end up being my only butter LONDON polish ever, but I would be totally OK with that, look at the colour!! :D

Now, I will also include a quick review of the Nail Foundation base coat and P.D. Quick Hardware Top Coat I got in the kit as well, as I used it for this mani.

The Nail Foundation is a blush coloured base coat that dries matte on the nail.  It dried pretty quick, so I didn't have to do a whole lot of waiting before I could put the polish on.  I don't see anything wrong with this base coat, but again, it's a little pricey for me at $22 per bottle so I won't be buying it for retail.

The P.D. Quick Hardware Top Coat is ah-may-zing!  I put it on and seriously, within about 5 minutes, my nails were completely dry!  It was awesome, I would definitely recommend it to those of you who are always on the go and need their polish to dry P.D.Q..  I will be using this sparingly though, as I don't want to spend $22 on a new bottle.
 
What do you guys think of Slapper?  Do you have this amazing colour??

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color! That is crazy that it's so cold there already =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no it's not THAT cold here yet, that's how cold it normally is. Right now it's 7°C, feels like 3°C (45°F, feels like 37°F). But it will be that cold soon enough, and I can't wait.. there is nothing I love more than curling up on the couch in my jammies with a hot tea, a fuzzy blankie and a good book watching the snow fly outside :D

      Delete
  2. mine looks much greener. More teal then yours. Love mine but this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my camera wouldn't capture the colour properly, it's definitely more green/teal than what is shown in these pictures :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.