Friday 7 June 2013

Julep Abbie & Annie

Morning!  I hope everyone has been having a great week!  Sorry I haven't been around much these last couple weeks.  I hope to get back into the groove in another few weeks, so bare with me :)

Today I have for you my yellow mani for COTW in my group!  Come check it out!




This is 3 coats of Julep Abbie from the April Brights collection.  Then I taped off one side of my nail and applied Annie on the section that wasn't taped.  Then applied dots with dotting tool.  This mani was inspired by the cover of the book I am currently reading, I'm almost done it, Calculated in Death by J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts).  This is the most recent book of my favourite book series of all time!  It is #36 in the series, and I am proud to say that I own all of them!  J.D. Robb writes two In Death books every year, one released in the spring and one in the fall.  I am seriously in love with this series, and if you need a good long series you can grow with, I highly recommend this one.  It took me a while to get caught up with her writing, but when I did and had to wait on a new book to be released, I realized how in-tune I was with the characters in the book.  I actually considered them to be my friends and missed them :D

Just a quick summary of the story line - Eve Dallas is a Lieutenant in the NYPSD (New York Police and Security Department) in New York 2055 I believe is the year it starts.  The stories take you through her investigations and her personal life, and her development of friendships with people around her.  I don't want to give too much away, but her husband.. yeah, I'd take him any day ;)  Sometimes I wish they would make a mini series based on these books, but I know I would only be thoroughly disappointed in it because no producer/screenwriter would ever be able to do these books justice.  The first book of the series is Naked in Death, and the list of books can be found on J.D. Robb's site.


What is your favourite book and/or series?  Have you ever had sudden inspiration for a mani from something so simple as a book cover?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.