Monday 29 April 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

Good morning readers!  If you were on my Facebook page yesterday, you saw that it was my BIRTHDAY!  :D  I turned 25 yesterday and had a nice relaxing day of doing nothing.  I slept in until about 11am, Tyler made me breakfast (pancakes with strawberries), I did my nails (obviously) and did some laundry.  That's about it :)  Oh, and I got to bring Owen to my house with me when I left Tyler's house yesterday afternoon :D

My weekend was a little hectic and I apologize for not being around much and not posting.  I will tell you what I was up to, but first, let's take a look at what was on my nails for my birthday!






This is 3 coats of 365 Days of Color Birthday Bash!  I had yet to try this one, and I got it in my Hallowe'en Mystery Bag from Sunny, so I thought it was fitting to use it for my birthday mani! :D  I like this polish, but I'm not sure I love it.  The shards were a little tricky to work with and there were a few that I had to pull out of the polish when I was doing my nails because they wouldn't lay flat.  It was also a little thick to work with too, but I did manage to get it all on the nail and not make a huge mess - this is no clean up.  I do like the sparkle and character of it, but I don't think that it's quite what I want in a polish.

It is definitely a birthday in a bottle though :D  There is lots going on - you've got a slightly blue/green tinted white crelly base with small green glitters and a multitude of coloured shards.

If you want to get your own bottle of Birthday Bash, head over to her online store.  I see that it is closed right now, but she will be back this weekend (May 3).  Make sure to keep updated with shop "hours" and polish additions and discontinuations on her Facebook page!  Sunny also has lots of other products, like cuticle balms and oils, and hand creams that are awesome as well!


Ok, now onto my exciting and busy weekend!  Tyler and I went house hunting last week.  We looked at a house right in town that was well within our price range, only to find out that after being on the market for 3 days it already had a conditional offer on it.  We went and looked at it anyways, and of course, fell in love with it.  We went for a second look with my parents to see what they thought of it, and of course, they loved it too.  Went to the bank to make sure we were going to be approved for the mortgage for the amount we were thinking of offering and put an offer on the house (remember, it already has a conditional offer on it).  We got approved for the mortgage amount, put in our offer, and found out there were another FIVE pending offers on the house ahead of ours.  That didn't discourage us though because we loved the house so much.  The original offer had until last night to firm up before our offer would be looked at/considered.  Then I got a text from our real estate agent on Saturday that the original offer went through and we wouldn't be able to get the house :'(

We were pretty bummed by this news because the house was within walking distance for me to get to work, it had a really large yard that was completely fenced in for Owen, it was big enough that we wouldn't have to move out in 2 or 3 years because we would get claustrophobic, and it had a lot of potential.  Now, we aren't handy people by any means, but I know that we have friends and family who would have been willing to help us out with any renos/updating we needed help with.  This will still be the case no matter what house we get :)  BUT on the bright side, we are now approved for that mortgage amount and we know the process it takes to put an offer in now.  I'm also trying to convince myself of the cons of the house rather than dwelling on the pros and "what could have been"s :)

I was stressed out starting Thursday night until I got the text Saturday morning though, and it was all I could think and worry about.  But, onto the next!  There will be another "perfect for us" house out there, just have to look a little more to find it :D

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you guys lost the house, but thats so great that yall are approved and ready to go again! Good luck and happy birthday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it was definitely a learning experience, and we know now to watch MLS like hawks for any new listings, lol!
      Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday girl!! Im sorry about the house but maybe that means there is an even better one out there for you guys!!! :) I love that polish, i havent tried any from 365 Days of Color but have heard good things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tabitha! That's what I keep telling myself - there's obviously a reason we weren't able to get it :)
      I really like 365 Days of Color polishes, my favourite is My Little Cuppycake :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.