Tuesday 28 May 2013

Julie G Sugar Rush

All polishes are purchased with my own money unless stated otherwise.

Today's the day!!!  Tyler and I are going for our house inspection today!  And then the house is ours, and we will have possession June 21!  I can't believe it's going to be here so fast! :D  I will be posting pictures on the Facebook page later this week for you guys to check out :D

Today I have for you another polish from the JulieG Frosted Gumdrops collection - this is Sugar Rush.






This is 2 coats of Sugar Rush without a top coat, just like Hot Cinnamon :)  I really LOVE these!  I am going to have to get/try some more textured polishes!  This is a gorgeous dark orange polish and while it's not as bright and in your face as Julep Kaylen, I still think it gives some oomph to your nails!

As with Hot Cinnamon, it has a gorgeous shimmer to it even though it dries matte.  It makes me think of the peel of a tangerine orange because they have a darker skin than a regular orange.  I will definitely be wearing these Gumdrop polishes more often :D

After I polished, I decided that I have all these fimo canes sitting around and I haven't used them.. at all.. so I thought I would try them out on the textured polish.



I chose a bold blue butterfly and sliced it up with my fimo slicing blade from BornPrettyStore.  Slicing fimos takes a LOT of practice to get it the right thickness - you want them pretty thin, without only slicing half of the design.  I probably cut about 20 slices and got 10 usable ones.  Then I put some top coat on my nail only where I wanted to put the butterfly and stuck the butterfly to it.  Normally you would then top it with a top coat to secure it to the nail, but I wanted to keep Sugar Rush in it's normal textured form, so I didn't apply the top coat.  I recommend the top coat over top when using fimo canes because I was peeling these off the next day :(

The JulieG Frosted Gumdrops can be found on the Jesse's Girl Cosmetics site and in Rite-Aid stores in the US.
I found the fimo canes on eBay - you just have to search "nail fimo canes" and there will be lots of different vendors with lots of different designs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.