Sunday 7 July 2013

O is for Ombre

Happy Sunday!  I did have a Swatch-It-Up-Saturday post to do for yesterday, but ran out of time, so it's going to have to wait until next weekend :)  I do have my "O" mani for this week's letter for the ABC Challenge though!

O is for Ombre



When I went to pick out my colours for this today, I realized that I don't have a lot of polishes in the same colour family to create an ombre... who knew that with 300+ polishes this would be an issue... I started off with 2 coats of each (thumb to pinky) Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On, Julep Susie, Denver and Mystery Green, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Mint Sprint.  For White On I used a new trick that I saw when Julep sent it in an e-mail out - 1 coat of white polish over your base coat, then a coat of matte top coat, then another coat of white polish for a streak-free application!  It works like a dream!!  I will definitely be using this method from now on for white nails!


Then, cause I couldn't leave well enough alone, I added Julep Ursula over each of the colours because I couldn't come up with any nail art to do over the colours.  My creative juices are failing me!  I know, crackle polishes are so "old school" and "out of date", but I still like the way they look :)  Then I topped it off with Seche Vite for a glossy shine :)

What are you guys doing for "O" week?  Make sure to post your "O" manis on my Facebook page!

4 comments:

  1. I still like crackle too so there XD I loved the orange crackle in julep's october box. I put it over green and it reminded me of a pumpkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the orange crackle too, but haven't used it. I'm not really an orange person - I will have to try it next time :D And thanks for being in the "I still like crackle polishes" group with me ;)

      Delete
  2. love the ombre! I have on crackle in turqoise... maybe I'll pull it out again soon for fun :) i still think they are fun to watch dry.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have .. 6 crackles (I think), and I like them all :) I have to wear them more often, but there are too many polishes to wear and not enough time :P

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.