Wednesday 12 June 2013

Cherry Blossoms

Morning my dears!  How is everyone?  Today is the day Tyler and I go back to the house for our first visit before closing!  Can you believe it's getting so close!?  It's becoming more and more real every day! :D

Sorry I didn't get a post up yesterday, I painted my nails on Monday night in preparation of doing some nail art (not at all like I am showing you today) and I got really lazy and just left it at the base colour.  So I did some pondering yesterday at work trying to come up with something to do.  A girl on the Canadian Julep Trade Group on Facebook mentioned doing cherry blossom nails and I decided right then and there that's what I was going to do because my base colour was perfect for it!




For this I used 2 coats of Julep Shenea for my base.  Then I went to work with my dotting tool and Julep Mystery Brown to create the branches.  Then Jessica Prune Whip (dark pink) and Avon Cotton Candy (light pink) to create the blossoms.  This is my first attempt at cherry blossom nails and I have to say that I really love them!  My top coat streaked my design a little bit, but that's OK.. this time ;)

I will definitely be trying this again!  Have you tried cherry blossom nails?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried them but I do have dotting tools so yay maybe I should... I usually get lazy with designs or whatnot but am trying to branch out some more :)

    You did an amazing job though, glad that you found some inspiration!

    writngwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them :) If you do, please share them on the Facebook page! :D

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.