Saturday 28 September 2013

Swatch-It-Up-Saturday Sep 28

Good morning my loves!  I hope everyone has fun plans for this weekend!  As I write this, I am working on some polish swatching because, quite frankly, I have too many untried or unswatched polishes and it drives me crazy every time I look at my polish list!  But, it's also Swatch-It-Up-Saturday, so while I am working diligently, here is what I have worn over the past week!


This is 2 coats of Avon Blue Royale.  This is one of the 2 Avon suede polishes I have and I love them both!  They are so boldly coloured, they aren't really greyed out like the Julep ones are.  This went on super easy, and there is no top coat to keep the suede look.  The thing I usually find with suede polishes is they dry faster than regular polishes, but I didn't really find that with Blue Royale.  I would really recommend this polish if you are looking to try a suede polish :D  And I usually wait until Avon has their polishes on sale - I never buy them at full price ;)

This is 2 coats of Avon Cherry Jubilee.  This is a perfect burgundy-ish red polish and is great for office wear, if you have to be mindful of your polish selection for work.  This is a classic polish colour and is perfect for any occasion!  I chose it for my Facebook group's colour of the week, which was Wine/Burgundy :D  As with all Avon polishes, the formula on this is great, and applies easily and smoothly.

This is 2 coats of butter LONDON Scuppered.  This was part of the 2012 Holiday collection, though I'm not sure how a copper-ish brown polish is Holiday/Christmas-ish...  This is a brown full-coverage glitter polish with copper undertones.  There are also small green hex glitters throughout the polish, but they were really hard to see and capture in the picture.  It was like the shimmer of the rest of the polish hid them!  I'll be honest and say that this is not one of my favourite polishes, just because I'm not fussy over the colour of it.  There's just something about it...

I know I have swatched this before, but I love it, so I used it again, and I figure one can always improve their polishing and picture-taking skills :D  This is 1 dabbed-on coat of I Love Nail Polish Babes in Toyland over Avon Cherry Jubilee.  Barbara released this with her Christmas collection last year, but I think that it's a polish perfect for any occasion that needs a little extra glitter ;)  This is jam-packed with lots of colourful glitters - you've got mini gold, magenta and cyan hexes, small gold, green and blue hexes, small magenta circles, and small cyan square hexes, and it's all in a clear base so you can add it to whatever base colour you want :D  You can find this, and all other I Love Nail Polish polishes in the I Love Nail Polish etsy store!

This is 2 coats of Julep Alma.  Now.. let me tell you a little story about Alma... when I put the first coat of this on the other night, I couldn't believe I was going to wear this colour of polish.  I was really turned off of it, and wasn't sure about even applying the second coat.  However, I stuck it out, and when the second coat evened out the streakiness of the first coat, I proceeded to put on the top coat and call it a night.  I went to show Tyler and said "look, a baby pooed on my nails!"  He thought I was insane.. :P  Then I posted it into my Facebook group asking "how should one feel about a baby poo-coloured polish on their nails?!" and I actually got a lot of positive feedback saying that I could pull it off :D  The next morning when I woke up, I studied Alma again and decided that it was actually growing on me, and by the end of the day I had come to terms with it and could actually admit that I liked the colour.  That's saying a lot for a polish that first made me think "a baby just SHAT on my nails!!!"  Alma was released last September in the Tina Turk collection and I actually got it from a swap.  Julep describes it as a mustard yellow, but it does have a poo-green tint to it.  I'm pretty sure that if I put mustard on a sandwich and it was this colour, I'd be tossing it!  This is by far the weirdest coloured polish I have in my collection, that's for sure.  Alrighty, onto the formula.  This was a really runny polish - it was like applying water to my nails!  It flooded my cuticles really badly, but when I figured out how to work with it, it wasn't that bad.  And the cuticle flooding was easily repaired by using some acetone and the elf eyeliner brush that Amber from Timeless Topcoats sent me last Christmas.

This is 2 coats of Julep Madison over one coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On.  This polish is more pink in person, my camera hated the colour for some reason.  I really LOVE this polish!  Julep released it in January of this year in their "Nudes and Neons" collection.  I actually skipped the month because none of the boxed spoke to me, and this is the only polish I have in my collection from that month.  The formula on this was really easy to work with, and is actually kind of jelly-like in a sense that you need the white polish underneath to make the neon really pop.  It did dry a little matte, but a glossy top coat fixes that right up!

This is 2 coats of Zoya Zuza.  Can I just take a moment to smack myself upside the head and say "why did you wait so long to try this?!?!"  I have had this polish for about 9 months now and this is the first time I have tried it.  Did you want to take a swing too??  LOL!  This is a gorgeous, slightly dusty teal polish with a TON of shimmer!  There are no words to express how much I love this polish, so I will let the picture tell you ;)  The formula on this was easy to work with, a touch thick but nothing crazy hard to deal with.  Zoya polishes always apply so smoothly for me :D

And there we have it!  What are your favourites from this week?  Do you have any of these polishes?

4 comments:

  1. Love the blue suede...I bought all the OPI suedes when they came out and don't understand why they have not done more - texture/matte have been so popular and that OPI suede line is still very coveted today...I don't have a delicious suede blue like this one...I don't shop or use Avon but might look to see if they have an on line catalog to see if it still is available. I love Alma - I can wear shades like that on my hands but not on my toes - not sure why that is..different skin coloring each place I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, OPI needs to make more suedes! Or make more of the colours they already have so that those of us who weren't into polish when they were released have a chance at getting them for reasonable prices :)
      And that's odd that you can wear certain colours on your hands and not on your toes. This makes me want to test this out with Alma now :)

      Delete
  2. I personally love Alma, I don't think it's as yellow in person as in your swatches. The formula is really quite beautiful for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely grew on me. I thought that this colour wasn't quite 100% accurate, so I tried taking a picture in the sunlight (the picture is under a "sunlight" lightbulb) and it was actually more yellow-looking in the real sunlight picture than this picture. This one is pretty colour-accurate (there is no fancy picture/colour manipulating) :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.